[64-bit PC] Audio Distortion through HDMI

Hello,

I just started using Lakka 2.1.1 (x64) on my 64bit PC. I’m running Lakka via USB stick on an old Lenovo M73. This particular PC has an onboard speaker in the case. Audio through this on-board speaker works fine, and sounds perfect. However, I’m having a strange audio issues when I try to push my audio through GPU HDMI (technically Display Port to HDMI) to my TV. I’m using a Dell AMD Radeon 8570 graphics card.

Each time I change the Audio Device to “Card=HDMI,Dev=0” Sound will begin to play through my TV speakers via HDMI, but it sounds like broken/distorted audio/stuttering audio (almost like a rapid machine gun). If it switch the Audio Device to “default:CARD=PCH” it will use the internal speaker within the tower, and the audio will sound great.

This PC also has a Windows 10 OS on it’s HDD. I’ve booted Windows and tested the HDMI sound via youtube and other music apps. All of which sound great with no audio distortion through the TV. So this leads me to believe the graphics card, and hdmi cable are not the issue.

Things I’ve tried, based on posts I’ve read here (none of which have corrected the issue):

• I’ve tried lowering the Audio Output Rate
  • -https://forums.libretro.com/t/lakka-tv-hdmi-audio-fix/13757 (I’ve tried manually changing the audio, but I noticed my dmesg still shows “No soundcards found.”… I’m not sure why that is considering I hear some sound)
  • Tested HDMI cable and GPU sound through Windows OS.

I’m starting to think this might be a driver issue for this GPU.

grep “audio_d.*” /storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg:

audio_driver = “alsa” audio_device = “hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0” audio_dsp_plugin = “”

Here’s my aplay -l results: aplay -l

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC662 rev3 Analog [ALC662 rev3 Analog] Subdevices: 1/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0 card 1: HDMI [HDA ATI HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0] Subdevices: 0/1 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Here’s my aplay -L results:

null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) default:CARD=PCH HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog Default Audio Device sysdefault:CARD=PCH HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog Default Audio Device front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog Front speakers surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, ALC662 rev3 Analog 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output

Sorry forgot to post the dmesg as well:

https://pastebin.com/fXBsJ82k