Adaptive vsync not working?

Hi,

When 1.7.5 was released, I decided to enable the adaptive vsync option on my setup, as sometimes, when the fps drop under 60, the gameplay goes choppy (apparently, it tries to maintain half the fps, 30, if it goes und er 60). With adaptive vsync enabled, RA was supposed to detect when this happens and disable vsync temporarily until gameplay reaches 60 fps again, and then it enables vsync again.

However, this behaviour does not seem to work on my case. I have these options enabled: vsync adaptive_vsync hard_sync hard_sync_frames = 0 (I’ve tried with 1 or 2, too, with same result)

I’ve tried some on the edge cases where I know fps will drop under 60. For example, on Mario Kart Double Dash on dolphin core. When you begin the Star Cup, the first race, it will always decrease fps (just for a second or so) and go under 60, which should cause adaptive vsync to temporarily disable vsync and reenable it as soon as possible. But this does not happen. I have waited for several secons and the only way to get back to 60 fps is entering RA menu for a moment and go back to game.

With vsync disabled this does not happen, of course.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this new option not working?

Another way to solve this problem would be to enable triple buffering on RA. I can force triple buffering from my nvidia control panel, but I would prefer to not use external methods. Also, triple buffering adds some additional lag.

Greetings.