Advice on how to fix an audio issue when streaming from windows?

So for a LONG time, ive used a steam link to stream RA to my tv’s. Worked to perfection, never really had an issue.

I finally decided to get a shieldTV due to being tired of running at 1080p on my 4k tv’s. (naturally steam link app shits the bed at 4k but thats a different post for a different forum).

When trying to play an old genesis favorite (yes i tried both cores, and an snes game to eliminate it being platform specific) I kept getting audio skips, pops, crackles, distortions. Every few seconds - wasnt going to be useable like that.

Put a relatively substantial amount of time into troubleshooting it, from bandwidth changes to resolution changes to driver changes, setting changes - so on and so forth.

Nothing helped, and the first thing i should have done (which did help) was changing from the ShieldTV’s recommended refresh rate of 59.940 to 60.

Now id prefer to set it back to 59.940 for obvious reasons, so im hoping a means exists to address this? I just dont know what that “means” is.

I found this Perfect Audio Video Synchronization which would seem to be relevant, however not in a streaming scenario i presume.

So what is it i need to adjust or change?

Thanks for your time.

ps i do have hard gpu sync set in case someone suggests it :stuck_out_tongue: