All Systems and games boot in Turbo with no Sound

Hello,

I just installed retroarch on my new pc using windows 10 and a ps4 controller. I followed the guide on youtube by ETA Prime for 2018 and setup was easy. Only one problem.

After successfully installing and seting up game directory, I try to boot a game and it boots with no sound and in a turbo like mode. Its as if someone is holding down a fast forward button on any game i try to boot on all systems. I played a game for N64 and a game from SNES both of them play ultra fast with no sound.

Is there a fix for this?

System specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x Asus Rog Strix GTX 1060 6G PS4 controller Windows 10 Home All hardware and software is up to date.

Just as a wild stab at things before we get into any deeper troubleshooting…

The default key for toggling fast-forward is the space bar (and you can check that in Settings | Input | Input Hotkey Binds) so what happens if you load up a game and smack that?

Failing that, see if Settings | Video | Vertical Sync (Vsync) is on and that Vertical Refresh Rate is set to something close to 60.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Keet for responding. After a good hard retrace of my steps up to installation of retroarch, i finally figured out the issue.

So, initially I had wiped my ssd and did a clean install of windows. I did that because i kept having problems starting another game in the PS2 emulator. After wiping the system the first time to fix the PS2 emulator issue, I went back to it and the issue was resolved. But, I took a few steps before initially reinstalling the PS2 emulator. One of those steps involved watching a youtube video on how to optimize windows 10 for gaming, nvidia graphics cards for gaming, and how to improve internet for gaming.

Now, previously before i ran into the issue with the PS2 emulator not working (due to corrupted microsoft file for 2015 c++ redistrib.) I actually had retroarch installed and working.

So needless to say I thought out the process of extra steps i took this time around setting up my pc and went back to the nvidia optimization video. I decided to watch it again. Then i actually looked at the page and the guy basically didnt have any emulation vids really. It was all PUBG and Fortnight pretty much. So i decided to restore all my nvidia tweaks to system default and retroarch now works as it previously did.

I know it was a lengthy reply bit hopefully this helps someone else who may experience this in the future.

Here is a link to the video on optimized nvidia graphics card i initially watched. Not saying these settings or all the settings caused the issue but i know for retroarch, at least one of these settings was the reason for my issue.

Thanks