Audio Mixer not functional on Android?

I am using the xmb ui on Android and I tried scanning and using the load content option after loading a game to load .mp3 .wav or .ogg files to add to the mixer but RetroArch doesn’t see them. Does the audio mixer works on Android?

Bump, any official word?

Let me check this out and get back to you.

1 Like

Any news? This is still an issue on nightlies.

It’s not just that, but also the “Audio Volume Level (dB)” on Android doesn’t work PROPERLY. It appears to work at first (I have hotkeys that turn up and down the volume on my controller), but give it a 1000 frames and it slowly creeps back up to 0dB, then realizes it’s supposed to be at -32dB all of the sudden and then IMMEDIATELY gets quieter again, and the process repeats nonstop. The only reason I switched to Retroarch on my Shield was because of the volume feature which, ironically, doesn’t work.

I tested the volume feature on macOS and it worked perfectly so I’ve nailed it down to the audio driver, “opensl.c” which I’m currently looking into (seeing if I can’t learn to compile it for Android).

Sidenote: It APPEARS that this LOOPING dB behavior only adds (slowly over a ~1000 frames) around 32 dB before it “snaps back” to what it’s supposed to be. Also, I don’t think it goes above 0dB also, so it may just be a weird ways “32dB.”