Audio sync causing lag

I think there is just some fine tuning I need to do, but I was curious if anyone had any suggestions.

I have found if I turned off “Audio Sync” the game FLYS, probably goes at 3-5x speed. With audio Sync on, about 75% of the time the game runs fine and as expected. BUt when there is lots of audio, or background noise or music the game slows down (Still playable but quite noticeable).

I dont think it’s that my system can’t handle it, but I believe the game is compensating for the audio too much. I have v-sync on, audio resamapler set to “lower”, and changed the audio drive from SINC to NEAREST to try and easy up the burden there. I would say that these things helped a little, but it’s hard to say.

Perhaps the detect monitor refresh rate, and actuality is a little off? Just curious if you guys had any suggestions.

i suggest to at least post system specs, OS, xorg or wayland, what core is used, whats the games actual title etc you know some basic stuff…

Fair enough. It is a SBC running an Intel Atom Z8350.

I am running Lubuntu 18.10 using ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/pkppa for newer video drivers.

Currently testing using Mupen64Plus and Parallel. Currently testing Ocarina of Time.

Not sure about xorg vs wayland. What’s the easiest way to check? Output from retroarch -v ?