Beetle\Saturn core has strange dithering\scanlines effects

Trying the game “zero divide the final”, using all saturn cores i can find on retroarch.

yabause run ok but the models are all transparent

kronos run ok but there are missing\black textures

beetle saturn is the only to run it nicely, but there are some weird ditherings\sort of “scanlines” when the characters moves or punches etc. this only happens when the game runs, and not on the main sega logo during loading. a similar thing occured to me when uisng ssf emulator (a long time ago don’t know if they fixed it)

any help about it?

Some pics that i hope will get what i mean right

Imgur

Imgur

Those are called “combing” artifacts and it’s a result of the interlaced signal being deinterlaced with a “weave” algorithm. You’ll see this on cheap DVD transfers of old TV shows, as well.

We have some deinterlacing shaders that can change the weave to bob deinterlacing, as well as the “bob and ghost” shader, which bobs it but then blends the frames to make the bobbing less obvious at the cost of some motion blur.

There are also some CRT shaders that will bob the image as part of the CRT effect.

I see thanks. So which shaders (the names i mean)i need to use to obtain the effects you described?

misc/bob-deinterlace, misc/bob-and-ghost-deinterlace, crt/crt-geom, crt/crt-royale, crt/phosphorlut and probably more I’m not thinking of right now.

ok thank you. but how i load them singularly? on retroarch all i see on shaders is “load preset”, the rest is just save preset. Load preset only loads cgp and glslp files

ok found it using shader pass. though i don’t the bob and weave one. even after updating from the online shader updater

whoops, that as a mistake. I meant bob-and-ghost.

ok no prob found the first three (cannot find the last two), it somehow fixed the interlacing but the image is still"shaky". Isn’t there a way on this core to increase the res like other saturn cores does ?

The shakiness is what actually happened with standard-def CRT displays, it just wasn’t easy to see on most consumer TVs. Each frame, it would show half of the lines, skipping every other one, then switch and show the other half on the next frame. Together, they make one full-res frame at 30 fps.

Beetle-saturn does not support increased resolution, unfortunately.