Best PPSSPP Games List

The PPSSPP emulator has some games that work really well and some games that don’t work well here is a list of some of the games that work and some that don’t. Please reply with games you have tested, I will add them to the list :grinning:. These were tested on the O-Droid XU4. The list is still small so help me add to it in the future. Maybe this list will help the dev’s optimise ppsspp

Games That Work

1. Dissidia Final Fantasy

2. Little Big Planet

3. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

4. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Predator

5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

6. Assassins Creed Bloodlines (Runs with minor lag)

7. GTA Vice City Stories (Runs with lag)

8. Star Wars Battle Front 2

9. Corpse Party

10. Dariusburst

11. Goku Makaimura Kai

12. Lumines

13. Lumines 2

14. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus

15. Nayuta no Kiseki (English Patched)

16. Ridge Racer 2

17. Thexder Neo

18. Virtua Tennis: World Tour

19. Ys Seven

Games That Don’t Run

1. Both God of War Games (To slow to run try cheat)
2 Likes

I cleaned the crap out of my PSP collection and all the games I had left ran well in the core:

• Corpse Party
  • Dariusburst
  • Goku Makaimura Kai
  • Lumines II
  • Lumines
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT PLUS
  • Nayuta no Kiseki (English Patched)
  • Ridge Racer 2
  • Thexder Neo
  • Virtua Tennis: World Tour
  • Ys Seven
1 Like

Ok Thanks I will add these to the list :grinning:

There’s a huge update coming to the PPSSPP core in the near future, I wouldn’t waste time making lists for an outdated core.

The new core should be on par with the official PPSSPP and work a hell of a lot better then the core that exists today.

OK Thanks for letting me know

Do you know when we should be expecting this updated core?

According to Libretro.com and I quote: “We are still determined to get the promised cores like PPSSPP into your hands before the end of the month.”

It looks like it will be ready real soon, so let’s hope it will be great!

As someone not very familiar with this platform, a list of actual “best PSP games” to play would be nice, though. With some link to Youtube (even better, the game’s https://gaming.youtube.com page) and maybe later on add the PPSSPP working status for the new version (it’s ok if the top games don’t work, it’d still be good to know what the platform is capable of).

I’ll probably give a try to PSP when the new core comes out and something like that would be useful.

1 Like

I’ve been using newer versions of the standalone version of PPSSPP a lot and the games I own for PSP works perfectly fine. Castlevania, Lunar, Mega Man etc.

The new PPSSPP core will work as good as the standalone once it’s released.

It will be great to have this core on par with the standalone version and with shaders it will up the experience a lot to get the proper feeling.

Thanks for letting me know because I just downloaded this for retroarch on the Raspberry Pi 3 and it just freezes. I have to admit I’ve been running the other emulator that was supported to play Playstation Portable games but I just downloaded this one to the Raspberry Pi maybe that was the issue because it was never added or used before. I was also told cheat support is coming for this particular emulator I believe so. I know on game hackers. Org I have an account there and they mentioned something about gitt hub maybe it has something to do with better cheat support files and code types that you can use for your Raspberry Pi that can be added to use with the emulator.

For both God of War games to run better you’ll need the cheats from this thread: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=22159 not sure how well it’ll run on lower end machines but it certainly made a difference on my laptop.

It would be cool to see that cheat integrated into the new ppsspp core.

Hi Acropolis40,

Thanks for sharing this list, I appreciated your efforts and I completely agree that PPSSPP emulator is a great gaming console.

These games are literally amazing.

Cheers!

I’m looking for it as well.

Castlevania Chronicles Megaman X - Maverick Hunter Mega Man Power up (forgot the title) Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Soul Calibur (Forgot the tittle ) Mortal Kombat (Forgot the tittle) Those work.

Also, I would like to add some titles here: Dragon Ball Z - Shin Budokai Assassin’s Creed - Bloodlines WWE SmackDown vs RAW 2011 Dante’s Inferno Metal Gear Solid - Peace Walker Dragon Ball Z - Shin Budokai Another Road Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII Mortal Kombat - Unchained Call of Duty - Roads to Victory Pro Evolution Soccer I like these titles and users could find more games on this list: techshali.com/best-ppsspp-games/

Hope it helps users!

Absolutely helping. I will see and share my experience also :slight_smile:

Jeanne d’Arc Unchained Blades Elminage Class of Heroes 2 Ragnarok Tactics Tales of Eternia

A few of the games I enjoy on PSP and they all run well

I do know where you can find DLC for psp games as well. For insance MegaMan Powered Up has different outfits for Roll and Metal Slug XX dlc has Leon from The King of Fighters available as a playable character.

Corpse Party Book of Shadows

I also enjoyed the spin off game Disgaea Infinite

Gurumin

This is a great list, thank you.