Can't edit the Alsa config (Read only file)

I have a usb speaker and I need to edit the alsa config to get it to work on my raspberry pi. The problem is that the file is read only, ive tried using putty and filezilla, but both can’t save the edit. How can I get around it?

I’m not 100% on this, but you might be able to do it on another machine. Like, via a microSD reader.

I put the sd card in my computer, but no avail, just system and kernel files.

Which configuration do you need ? Do you need more than selecting audio device ?

Im trying to change this set to allow the usb speakers to work. This is in /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf

defaults.ctl.card 0 defaults.pcm.card 0

To

defaults.ctl.card 1 defaults.pcm.card 1

Is there another way to do so?

You just need to change audio device as describe in our documentation. There is also a video showing how to change audio device with RGUI menu which will be the same with XMB menu.

I’ve tried the different devices, but none worked. Am I doing something wrong? The speaker does work, so its not that. I’ve also tried changing them in putty but that didn’t work either.

Can you try to provide the output of

aplay -L

and Lakka system logs ?

You don’t need to edit the configuration file if you are doing it through the xmb menu. Don’t forget to stop and restart the core if you are running it when you change audio device.

Sorry for the wait, I did some tinkering and managed to get it working, thanks for the help.