Change retroarch.cfg skeleton?

Greetings :smiley:

I’m trying to make a custom image .apk (I’ve got an android device that I unfortunately cannot root so i’m trying to ease the pain by of setup by building a non-setup image.)

I’ve tried a few things that didn’t work, then I dived into the file libretro.so (iirc) with a hex editor and saw that it looks to /home/.config then /etc for skeleton to generate retroarch.cfg. On android (and without root) these paths either don’t exist or cant be created. And I cant find where these default values can be set.

Anyone know where I can include a default config for new apk installs? Preferably located within the .apk.

I believe what you’re wanting is this file:

You shouldn’t need to root anything for setup, though. You can install cores without using the online updater now, you can point any other directories to user-writable locations and repopulate…

1 Like

Thank you :smile:

Okay, so, i’m using apktool currently and don’t see this file, guess ill have to compile from source to access?

Yes, it’s a source file.

Hi mate,

Edit: was able to get the job done by editing the file above as well as other various configs. In hindsight, I now think I misinterpreted the purpose of skeleton.cfg.

Anyways, all good and thanks again for the help :):grin: