Change to FPS counter

Hi folks, long time user but first time poster. First of all - superb job with retroarch, it’s a game changer (or rather… emulator)! Sorry :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The thing is - I updated to the latest version of retroarch yesterday and the fps counter has moved to the upper right hand corner of the screen and I can’t get it back down to the bottom centre where I usually have it. Before you just changed the notification x and y position under ‘onscreen notifications’ and it would move.

This wouldn’t be a problem if it wasn’t for the bezels - the counter doesn’t show unless I reduce the bezel opacity to under 10. All of my game specific overrides use a bezel opacity of 100 so it would be quite a pain.

Is there a way to move the fps counter with the new update? Thanks!

Try going to settings > user interface > menu widgets OFF.

This should put it back to the old notifications.

Thanks for the help but that setting doesn’t seem to make any difference - is there anything else I can try? The FPS counter is still stuck in the top right. Notifications that show save states being created etc are coming up in the bottom left; also partially blocked by the left bezel. Neither of them move when using the x and y positioning options. This is on the latest nightly build.

Ah sorry hunterk… What you said was right. I turned menu widgets off, then rewrote the core override. Then closed content and reopened it and the fps counter went back to the old style. Many thanks!

1 Like