Changing Disks Without Changing Games

So, I’m trying to change disks in Monster Rancher- a Playstation game. When I try to change the disk with the Append Disk Image option it loads the image and runs the new game rather then just changing what disk the core sees. I know I figured out a way to do this in the past but for the life of me I can’t remember the proper procedure. Anyone have any ideas?

1 Like

If you just open tray, insert another disk, close the tray, won’t it try loading a monster?

One would think so but when I use Disk Image Appendit exits out of Monster Rancher and loads the new game. I’m not sure if that’s what it’s supposed to do or not. But I need to change disks without this happening.

I tried again, I managed to make it work.

Once you go to the Shrine and select disc stone, it will prompt you to insert another CD, then you open tray, insert the append disk and press X, it should read the disc (like it happened here), then it will prompt you to reinsert the Monster Rancher disc, note that you should check the disc number back to 1 and close tray, press X and see if it works, make sure the tray is closed and in disc 1.

I don’t have an option to change the disk number- it’s always 1/1. Like I said when I append disk it loads that game- that’s the problem. When I select the disk image I want to append it asks for a core- I’m guessing that’s the problems. In other words I can’t get RetroArch to switch disk while still keeping Monster Rancher loaded. Also, not sure if it matters but that screenshot is not Monster Rancher, maybe Monster Rancher 2?

Edit

Okay, I can now confirm this is a bug in RetroArch 1.7.1- the problem does not occur in 1.7.0!

So is there a way to do this with retroarc on android? I will be highly disappointed if not. I’ve already put two days into this game. Lol

https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/#multiple-disk-games

Whenever I do the disk tray swap thing it always freezes up and retro ark isn’t responding and has to be shut down. Is there another way? Because other than that my retroarc works just fine. I’m on a Samsung galaxy s6

I think maybe the reason it keeps crashing is because there is no tray to “open” on the phone… you guys should make it to where you can just select another file to take the place of the “disk” then be able to start the monster rancher “disk” from where it was.