CLI Changes Between 1.7.5 and 1.7.7

Hi, I’m trying to update my RA setup to 1.7.7 and the old command line arguments I’ve used on my frontend are not working after updating. I’m on Win 10 64 and using the official 1.7.7 release.

For reference, the command line I’m trying to use is:

retroarch.exe -L full/path/to/core full/path/to/rom

For example:

retroarch.exe -L “H:\Applications\RetroArch\cores\stella_libretro.dll” “H:\Roms\Atari\adventure.a26”

Other info: -I was able to use the same command lines in 1.7.5 and earlier -I can’t get it to give me a log when trying to run from CLI (by adding --log-file .\retroarch-log.txt -v either before or after the -L line), it just pops up the --help output for a second.

the log command was broken temporarily for the 1.7.7 stable, unfortunately. It’s fixed again in nightlies. However, nothing has broken about -L. I use it all the time myself.

OK, tried a nightly and got the logging working at least: https://pastebin.com/aC8axv1f

if you’re using a new copy of the stella core, it’s currently broken as it goes through a transition to the upstream 6.0 release.

You can use one of funbars’ appveyor builds from this thread in the meantime: Updated Stella core crashes RetroArch

1 Like

OK great. I haven’t been able to get the funbars builds to work but that helped me diagnose the problem and I can get the Stella 2014 cores to boot ok.

Thanks for the help!