ColecoVision on FBA Neo, can't load games

I tried to load a ColecoVision game in FBA but the game doesn’t start, it just takes me back to the XMB. Not sure if it’s a bios issue since BlueMSX works… Can anyone help me? I don’t see anything about it specifically in the Docs pages

Post your logs, however i’m pretty sure your issue is related to one of those :

• FBNeo needs romsets (as usual, all dats are here) and you are trying to load a “normal” rom.
  • You are using classical loading instead of subsystem loading (see [Guide] Play Neo Geo CD games using FBAlpha to learn how to use this stuff)
  • Wrong bios, which is part of the romsets (coleco.zip)

I can’t figure out how to get logs going. Even after reading about it in docs and use the PowerShell method, I still can’t figure out what else I need to do…

First try to get the right bios. I think the MAME one works, probably is called “coleco.zip”, just put it in the “system” directory of your retroarch installation.

Second, don’t try to use the roms as they are. For example, don’t use “Donkey Kong.col”, because it won’t work. You’ll need to rename/rebuild zip files using ClrMamePro and the dats from FBNeo. The link to the dats is in the FAQ section of the Readme.md of FBNeo project. Don’t know if the MAME Software List for Colecovision as-is could work without using ClrMamePro

I’ll try to post an entry in the guides section to how build sets for MSX, I’ll check before that it the same method works for Colecovision.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Originally having the issue when using BlueMSX on RA1.7.7 via the NESC. But then happened upon the option of loading Colecovision games on FBNeo. And experiencing the same issues.

KMFDManic needs to give an update on initializing the bios with FBNeo or at least make sure the roms work with the corresponding cores aside from FBNeo(ie. BlueMSX) like before.

Again, i can’t help without logs.