Compressing ISOs with Redbook Audio (CDDA) tracks

Hi. I have PS1, Sega CD and TurboDuo. I would like to add more (and more consoles too) but they take too much space on my HDD. How can I compress them (each console) in the way that they can be read directly? I know PBP files for PlayStation work that way but they compress Redbook Audio very little. Almost nothing. Is it possible for Redbook Audio to be stored in FLAC, Ape or some other lossless format so they can be used alongside compressed ISO which would contain just game. That way I could also just listen to soundtrack with my audio player sometimes? Compressed game ISO (like PBP) and FLAC files for audio would be in same folder if RetroArch could provide each core with compressed audio tracks just like they are read from uncompressed ISO. Like Daemon Tools for example “fools” Windows that there is another optical drive on computer. Is there any similar method to this? If not I would like to add feature request for this if possible.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11j-eOLuWDPpmBqCMeIbnF414pMUp4k7Y/view

Download that and edit the batchs directory to compress ps1/segacd/turboduo Bin/Cue combos to CHD. That will convert the audio to FLAC but they won’t be separate files. They will be part of a CHD file with very good compression. It needs the cue and bin file and afterwards you can delete both and have just the CHD file. It will convert every bin/cue file it finds in the directory you set in the batch file. Thanks to aorin1 from this thread.

Thank you very much! This really helps. Do you know what compression level is used for FLAC (I hope 8) and how can I convert back to bin+cue if I need to burn the image to disc? Can I play audio tracks from .chd file directly with any player (preferably foobar2000)?

Just fyi, thank you for this bat! I converted my PCE CD library and won 10gb, just like that.

And, genesus plus gx (or picodrive, can’t remember) supports CSO, that PSP compressed file. Is undocumented, but it works.

I know it’s a necropost, but I’ll also name and give a link to CD Crush, which is highly recommended for use with Genesis Plus GX. It can transcode the CD audio tracks into Vorbis files.

Chdman.exe is bundled with Mame, and also works great. This tool is for making lossless compressed versions of CD images. It uses FLAC for the audio tracks, and the same compression as 7-zip for the data.