Core and Feature Requests

Ohhh I think I get it now. So like, in RetroArch it’s now ‘possible’ but it has to be configured to even function in each respective core?

2 Likes

You have to switch to the 3D pad in input settings to enable analog in Beetle-Saturn. I tested the triggers and stick in Sega Rally Championship Netlink Edition (I think the original US version didn’t have 3D pad support) and everything was proper analog.

3 Likes

Yeah, I switched over to the 3D pad. It disabled the d-pad for steering, but it was kicking in from 0 to full-notch when I turned the analogue stick enough.

I was using the JP version, 'cause I heard that had analogue support… but the B button was gas so I wondered. I’ll try the netlink edition. Honestly it’s sad I don’t have that version anyway.

Are there any other games that feature analogue on the stick or triggers?

NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon Zwei and Saga all support analog movement or aiming.

2 Likes

I wanted to mention that the Sega Ages OutRun port is particularly good in the Beetle Saturn core. Just remember to press select after selecting the 3D Pad as your input to enable analog stick and trigger control. It seems to remember this so you don’t need to do it the next time you launch the game. The 60FPS smooth mode you can select by holding A + C and pressing left or right on the Game Mode option is excellent and so is the arranged soundtrack option. Until someone ports the CannonBall engine to Libretro, this is probably the best way to play OutRun in RetroArch (unless the extra input lag some users notice in this core bothers you).

1 Like

Please bring us a internal joystick-calibration tool for Lakka. If we get this, it may solve the nasty analog input range issues with some cores on some hardware.

here are a few older post related (directly or indirectly) to the issue.

1 Like

I have some questions about pcem: in future it will be active on retroarch? and it will emulate dos games or win95/98 games?

Does select act this way in all saturn games with analogue control? Like how the DualShock on PSX had that analogue toggle button?

Seems like it. You press it to toggle analog and digital modes.

1 Like

mame 0.192 autofire request.The user doesn’t have to hold down the A button the character can automatically shoot, then click A to stop shooting, and then click A to start shooting。

It appears that the newest o2em core for ARM (updated 12/24/17) produces a cyclic, low frequency, static noise on most roms. Alien Invaders - Plus, Cosmic Conflict, Golf… just to name a few.

1 Like

Retroarch is great! I have 1 request and it is for the MAME cores… See topic:

The official MAME app doesn’t have an issue with rotated monitors so I’ve been using that instead for arcade but I miss out on having everything on retroarch.

I’m sorry if it is too much to ask but the only solution I’ve been given is to use special vertical scanlines or FBAlpha cores which, IMO, are not ideal.

Thanks!

1 Like

Wondering if we can get a few more recent Mame Cores (Current, 2016. 2014) for the Android 64-Bit version. That would be great as im sure the performance will be better for this current generation of devices, especially the Nvidia Shield TV.

Or if its possible to compile my own 64 bit versions, while i’m not totally familiar with android compiling as of yet, i am learning a bit and have compiled in Linux a time back.

Overall, excellent job with Retroarch, is by far the easiest way to play with the least amount of configuration needed (depending on your core). It global settings across cores make this a godsend!

Can someone get in touch with the developer of the PS3 emulator RPCS3 and possibly see if there is a way to build a core from it? As of this writing, the system only runs on Windows and Linux OS. But I have downloaded and ran the Linux (My version is Debian 9)AppImage emulator myself and it works near perfect ( slight graphics lag, but my PC isn’t built for high level gaming). Thanks again!

P.S. is there any more progress for the Amiga core?

1 Like

We’re collaborating with them already to ensure that the PS3 port of RetroArch functions in RPCS3, which has been beneficial for both projects. I believe there were some positive talks of a libretro port, so it could happen at some point (there have been no actual moves toward it at this point, AFAIK, so no ETA obviously).

1 Like

I mainly use Retroarch on my CRT TV to get the most authentic feel out of it, so I´d like to enjoy the latest Stella version on it since some most demanding homebrew games for Atari are only working on that version. Might even donate some Money via PayPal for anyone willing to port it to Libretro.

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear and I don’t mind waiting. Also thank you for the surprisingly quick response.

Hi everyone!! @guicrith Is there any chance of having a commodore Amiga emulator on 3ds? It was a great computer with a amazing catalogue, thank you!

@danielgardino that would be great! To create a bounty for someone to update stella-libretro:

1. Go to the stella-libretro github tracker: https://github.com/libretro/stella-libretro
  2. Find the Issues tab. Create a new Issue requesting the update.
  3. Copy the URL for your new issue to your clipboard
  4. Go to https://www.bountysource.com/ and past your Issue URL into the box labelled Post: Paste any URL to post a bounty.
2 Likes

I don’t know if its considered a bounty but can anybody compile the latest mame 0.195 for android in a way to change its properties??..basically on android for the newly introduced handheld games, they play on mame195…the problem is that in the options it needs to be set to boot2bios…that poses an issue when trying to boot up mess systems…so it be kool fo have a regular mame195 for arcade and mess systems and also have another mame195 maybe with the name bios added to it so we know it’s meant for boot2bios…a while back it was done with mame174…I still have the original mame174 and the updated mame2016 …both are exactly the same but with separate properties so different settings on each would not cause conflict…or if an easy to follow guide can be provided so I can learn on my own…I’ve read a few things about compiling on here but hard to follow as I never tried it b4