CRT-Royale Curvature Windows 10 - How to Set?

Have read wikis and readmes and am having a hard time finding what setting in what specific file from what specific location to set to actually get a curvature setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

The curvature code is broken in GLSL and slang. It should still work fine in the Cg version of the shader, though.

Hey @hunterk, thanks for the response. Glad to know the Cg version is working as that’s what I’m trying to use. Not sure what advantages the other versions offer anyway…

Can you (or anyone) offer any advice on what I need to do to actually activate curvature and get it working?

Thanks again!

The Cg version doesn’t work with some cores/drivers, but if it’s working for your use-cases, no need to switch.

In the runtime parameters, look for “geometry mode”. That option should let you cycle through the different curvature shapes.

Thanks again Hunterk.

“The Cg version doesn’t work with some cores/drivers, but if it’s working for your use-cases, no need to switch.” Is it listed what cores work with what version of what shader?

"In the runtime parameters, look for “geometry mode”. Where are the runtime parameters? What file in what location? This is the part I’m having the most trouble with. I’m not afraid to edit a config file, I just have no idea where it is. Even giving me a rough idea would help (i know you don’t specifically know my system file structure.)

Cg shaders don’t work with Vulkan or D3D10/11/12, or with cores that require GL, such as mupen64plus-libretro, Citra-libretro etc. (I think they sometimes work on Nvidia hardware with some of these cores…?).

The runtime parameters are in the quick menu > shader options > parameters.

Ah, so if I want what I’m seeking I should not use the Beetle core and instead use PCSX or something? I’ll give that a shot.

You typically shouldn’t use PCSX-ReARMed on non-ARM hardware. You can try it with Beetle-PSX and it might work, depending on your GPU/driver.

So given I’m reliant on Windows10 and as a result DirectX(10/11/12) for my rendering I’m out of luck for curvature? That makes sense.

I have a EVGA GTX 980 and the most up to date driver.

Cg/GL still work on Win10…

“Cg shaders don’t work with Vulkan or D3D10/11/12, or with cores that require GL, such as mupen64plus-libretro”

I understand I’m ignorant (given I’m seeking help) but I feel like I’m getting mixed messages here.

I’m using //shaders_cg/crt/crt_royale.cgp

I’m on Windows 10 with a EVGA NVIDIA GTX-980 with up to date drivers.

I’m using mednafen_psx_libretro.dll (I probably misread mupen earlier in my brain as mednafen…)

What am I missing?

Just like some games like Doom let the user choose between OpenGL and Vulkan etc., RetroArch has its own set of video drivers that users can choose among. GL is the default, but Vulkan and various D3D options are also available. GL and D3D9 work with Cg. The others do not. Additionally, some cores only work with the GL driver and none of the other drivers. Sometimes Cg shaders don’t like to work with some of those GL-specific cores, so just try it and see.

If you get a black screen, that probably means Cg shaders won’t work with that core on your system. If you see the shader effect instead, you should be in the clear.

Make sense?

On the surface yes. I’ll try and apply what I’ve learned here and report back with findings to put a bow on this topic. Thanks.

After playing with different drivers and shader presets, it simply came down to keeping it on the CG Video Driver and being aware of the Paramters setting in the GUI of Retroarch. From there, I located the geom_mode setting it set it to 2.

I now feel like messing with different drivers and different presets to see what kind of results I get.

Thanks for the assistance on this.

1 Like