CRT-Royale: Interlacing detection settings make no difference!

This one’s been troubling me for a while. For all 480p (and ‘i’) content, I get the flickering associated with Royale’s built-in interlacing detection, even though I have set

static const bool interlace_detect = false;

I know, I know, “Royale/Kurozumi is pointless with 480p at current resolutions” - but that’s neither here nor there (and I don’t necessarily agree). It just irks me that the setting is seemingly non-functional. Does anybody else have this experience?

You’re using the Cg version? or slang/glsl?

I’m using slang for Dolphin and glsl for Reicast, for example. Both are troublesome.

Is this getting looked into, or is it a lost cause? Sorry if I’m coming off as naggy, just wanna know what the status is. :slightly_smiling_face:

slang version seems to be working on my end. Just go into crt/shaders/crt-royale/user-settings.h and change line 229, static const bool interlace_detect = true; to false.

GLSL version is going to be harder. You’d have to dig through all of the enormously long files and change every instance of that line to false (there are several instances in each file).

1 Like