DosBox core and ExoDOS sets

Any way to use the pre config ExoDOS sets in DOSBOX core? It has everything ready to use in DOSBOX for Windows.

1 Like

What is this config? Is it a regular Dosbox config file? Because then you should be able to do Load Content and pick the config file instead of a .exe file.

eXoDOS is basically a release of all DOS and Windows 3.x games, preconfigured for optimal gaming.

In my testing, the simple games that don’t require any install, like $100,000 Pyramid, do work. The ones that require setup, don’t.

The eXoDOS conf files should overcome all of this – they do on standard DOSBOX, just not sure how to get them going with Libretro core.

Here are a few sample eXoDOS configs:

Baryon: https://pastebin.com/EXeCFGxD

Command Keen 1: https://pastebin.com/rQqDAEf4

Yeah, like @newoski says, ExoDOS sets already have all content ready to run, thus, if DOSBOX for Retroarch becomes compatible with this set, it would be so easy, like loading a content for a cartridge console.

Aorin1,

Have you tested loading a conf via RetroArch? How has your mileage been?

Trying loading them directly doesn’t seem to work, for games that need installation, like a separate iso and the conf files inside “!Dos” folder, they’re managed using a frontend or loader. In my case, RocketLauncher extracts the content to a temp folder and loads the conf file inside the !Dos folder, this module uses a special build of dosbox which will load Win 3.1 games, with some extras, like shaders, etc. I believe DOSBOX for Retroarch will work as soon as we figure out how to load the conf file inside the above mentioned folder, the same way it does in DOSBOX for Windows and RocketLaucher.

1 Like

Sorry for bumping this, just wanted to know if there were any news/improvements on loading exodos games through RA.

What game doesnt perform well for u?..I have been going 1 by 1 on games for dos svn on android and have figured out most if not all errors from the ones I’ve installed…some games from exo set needed to be reinstalled while others needed to be ran from the cd itself…others needed changes to the conf file while yet others ran perfect out the box if it was set enable core options and advanced options off…only change there was in cycles…unfortunately not all games will use the same settings in the conf file so batch process will be impossible…