Downloading a zip instead of a vpk

Hello Forumers,

I’m new on this forum but I’m enjoying retro games since many years. My best memories are my Sony MSX computer and the Atari 520 STF, and after that, my beloved Panasonic 3DO… So many good souvenirs!

I’m a bit confused to post this subject as it seems I’m the only one to have difficulties installing Retroarch on my Vita. I explain… I already installed Retroarch on my Vita few months ago. At that time, I was downloading a “Retroarch.vpk” file, then, no problem to install it. But since few versions, I can only get a “Retroarch.zip” file and I don’t know ( and can’t find) how to install it.

Could you please help?

Thanks to all of you!

You have to unzip the .zip package on your PC. Just download 7zip or Winrar, then right click on the retroarch.zip and unpack it. It will give you .vpk file that you can transfer and install on Vita.

Hello momovideo, Thank you for your answer. It’s what I used to do but when I unzipped it, I got all the folders and files, not the .vpk. But, it’s strange because, I just tried again to download it and this time, I directly download the .vpk. The only thing is that I applied an update on my Win10 yesterday evening… I Don’t know if Edge is handling this kind of file diffrently now… Anyway, I’m happy, I’ve got a vpk now, I’ll install it in the evening.

Thanks!

HI there

I’m having a problem installing retroarch on my PS Vita. My firmware is 3.67 and I have Henkaku and vita shell working on my system. I also have adrenaline and snes9x installed and working.

I went to the download page and downloaded the zip but I’m having two problems.

1st the download zip file DOES NOT contain the .vpk with it after unzipping.

2nd when I click on the installation help links on the download page for retroarch it just takes me to the top.

Can someone please help me.

Ok I really can’t get any where with the download. I’ve tried renaming the .zip file to .vpk but it gives me a weird error.

What am I doing wrong?

I finally found a version of retroarch vita on the libretro download page.

I have every thing working so far like the .RDB files and even the thumbnails working gor rach game.

I am on the other hand having trouble using my own wall paper backgrounds. When i go into the backgrounds to choose a pic, it fails to see my .png.

But the pics are there and working with adrenaline.

Can someone help me please?

Hello? Could i get some support please.