FBA and its macros

It doesn’t look like one can make his own button combinations for games that don’t have those settings available ‘natively’. I understand that dipswitches need to be particular to each game, but wouldn’t it make sense to make button combinations universal? I still use mameplus0.168 to this day because of its implementation of this. Basically, you have a custom button menu under controls where you can set any combinations you want and assign them at will, and also per-button autofire, whose rate can also be set independently. It’s just perfect.

By the way FBAlpha was already a marvel standalone and as a RA core it’s even better, congratulations. Runs superfast on my i7 laptop in full anti-inputlag mode. I hope it will play Cave SH3 games one day.

I believe the macros have to be hardcoded, unfortunately.

I think reicast is closer to this achievement (sh4 is similar to sh3, i was talking about this with @flyinghead yesterday on discord).

On a sidenote, there has been talks about adding an autofire/macro framework to the retroarch frontend

1 Like

Reicast running SH3 would be amazing indeed. A bit harder to run-ahead frames though (in that regard, FBA is really fast).

Fantastic. Shouldn’t be terribly difficult to add. XInputPlus can deal with it pretty well, but it would be better having it all within the context of RA itself.

Most likely, FBA would be the same for this kind of game, emulating several instances of games using 100Mhz cpu is too much, even for modern computers.

I don’t know, i’m not familiar with retroarch codebase.

I see, yeah they are demanding indeed. I guess Reicast it is, then! Man, that core will end up running Chihiro and Lindbergh. It’s incredible what flyinghead has done/is doing with it.

Is this the place to request macros? Could someone provide the cheat or even programmed rom to select General from Kaiser Knuckle / Global Champion? And easy moves, supers and EXceeds for SVC Chaos - Guile’s and Chunli’s are tricky to pull off.

Wow, that’s great news. Depending on how the SH3 emulation will be tackled, i can provide fairly accurate Mhz values for CPU underclocking for most cv1000 games, as i found after extensive tests, the pcb slowdown is decided mostly by the CPU.

1 Like

That’s not the proper way to handle those slowdowns though, afaik the sh3 ran at 102.4Mhz, period. Most likely those slowdowns are the result of interrupts that aren’t properly emulated by any emulator right now (fbneo has the same issue with pgm).

To my understanding, the mame/demul cv1000 emulation lacks a (the) micro-code that is used in the real-hardware to underpower/underclock the machine at speciffic spots (some of these are hardcoded) and in some speciffic conditions.

Undercloking the CPU in mame, to certain values, even as low as 30 mhz, produces “identical” results to the pcb in many/most instances. I’d be extremely surprised if the on-the-fly CPU under/over-clocking would not be a major factor.