Feature suggestion: browser log service

Hopefully I reach some devs here :slight_smile:

Troubleshooting LAKKA involves a lot of log grabbing. Which for now seems hard and involves SSH and many command line calls most of us regular users do not know by heart.

I heard that there is maybe support comming for writing log files to SMB shares which will improve the situation.

My though and suggestion was that since most plattforms like Raspis and Generic/PCs already setup and SSH access would an integrated “log service” help which would be accessible via the browser?

I am thinking about a small integrated web browser showing some small web pages allowing to copy/paste hardware information/logs or download them as file for further upload to github etc…

At some LibreELEC forum I read that there is basically the possibility to use .NET Core on LibreELEC. Since I gained some experience with .NET Core over the last 2 years I could give it a try to build some first draft of such a browser accessible log page. Though I am not quite sure if this is of interest for the Lakka devs and I would need some information which parts/logs would be of interest, where to find them (via the command line) and finally how to integrate that into Lakka.

Is it of interest?

There is an issue related to this topic.