File could not be loaded from playlist

hello! i’m trying to make a playlist creator, to make playlist at leas for PSP and PSX (but the engine should be able to make lists for other cores) the lists created do not work and i did no know why one entry for psp look like this:

/storage/roms/Lakka/PSP/Cladun This is a RPG.iso Cladun This is a RPG /tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so DETECTED DETECTED Sony - PlayStation Portable.lpl

i checked the filename and it is correct, if i select from menu, it did not start and throw the error: File could not be loaded from playlist

after that the list entry change to something like that: /storage/roms/Lakka/PSP/Cladun This is a RPG.iso

Cladun This is a RPG /tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so PSP (PPSSPP) 00000000|crc Sony - PlayStation Portable.lpl

if i select to manually run a iso file it work…

so what i’m doing wrong?

Overall your approach looks correct.

The path line jumps out at me: /storage/roms/Lakka/PSP/Cladun This is a RPG.iso

Do you definitely have your ROMs within a folder with that path? I would normally not expect a “Lakka” subfolder to be part of the path since all of the ROMs are Lakka ROMs – in other words is there any chance that the path might be /storage/roms/PSP/Cladun This is a RPG.iso?

You could definitely have a “Lakka” folder in the middle if that’s how you set things up though!

The “Playlist Buddy” app I have been working on may be able to generate playlists for these systems if the ROMs have one file per game: RetroArch Playlist Buddy - Playlist and thumbnail generation app You are so close to having this working with your own system that I don’t think you necessarily need to fool around with a new tool.

i have an external hdd connected to usb3.0, is labelled “Lakka” and Lakka itself mount it into ROMs folder… so that strange path is correct, inside hdd there are a folder for each system. i actually found the real problem some minutes ago, doing it manually with notepad didn’t work too. problem is that my program and notepad too add a CRLF at the end of every line i found this is not correct, i think lakka expect only a LF and think that CR is part of the filename i removed the CR from every line and now it is working :confused:

What version of lakka are you using?

That used to be an issue. It has been fixed in RetroArch but the fix may not have made it into the version you’re running.

i’ve the december 2016 version (20 december if i remember correctly)

Thanks for letting me know. I had been thinking that the fix was already incorporated into that version of Lakka, but it must not have made it into RetroArch by then so this error didn’t occur to me as a possibility!

This will not make up for your lost time, but the very next update of Lakka ought to include support for playlists with both Unix-style and Windows-style endlines.

no problem for my lost time, i gained some experience in exchange :slight_smile: glad to help squashing bugs! even little ones