Final Burn Alpha Playlist Mislabeling Issues

I’m having some issues when scanning and creating a playlist for Final Burn Alpha. Several archives are being mislabeled in the playlist and show up with the wrong titles. I’ve tried manually deleting the playlists, updating database files, re-scanning, etc, and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

Can you give some examples?

Either way, your best bet is probably to open an issue at the libretro-database repo on github. There have been a few similar issues lately caused by adding/merging of databases.

Sure. Archives such as thegladpcb.zip, svgpcb.zip, nspirit.zip, goldnaxe2.zip, are showing up with the title Zupapa! in my playlist. When I load them with the FB Alpha core they obviously are not Zupapa.

Just came here to ask about this too, finished trimming down a FBA romset to just 4:3 horizontal games, and when I scan the directory it generates an .lpl with the right number of entries however a big section at the end is just repeated entries of a certain game beginning with Z. The first time, it was Zero Wing, I then went and removed Zero Wing from the directory and tried scanning again but all those Zero Wings are now Zero Teams.

After reading Seymour’s post I tried the same experiment myself and removed the Zupapa archive and re-scanned the directory and received the same results After opening the playlist I saw that the very same archives were again mislabeled only this time as Zed Blade. It seems to be a bug which mislabels certain archives with the title of whatever archive you have at the very end of the directory being scanned.

It may also be relevant to note that I only encountered this issue after updating to the latest stable release of Retroarch (v171) and re-scanning my directories. Perhaps it’s a bug with Retroarch’s scanning feature and not an issue with the database files?

cant seem to replicate or see miss labeling at least for windows 10.

(using compiled version of retroarch based on latest commits and updated rdb)

I’m on Windows-7 64-bit using Retroarch 171. I was using Retroarch 164 and never had this issue before, for me it started shortly after upgrading to version 171 and re-scanning my final burn alpha archive directory.

I can confirm I’m also having the same issue for the first time after updating to 171, and I’m also on Windows 7 64 bit as per Mojo’s next post.

If no one has filed a bug on github in the libretro-database repository, that should really be done.

In the short term you could use an app to generate the playlist

just re-tested scanning both in windows and linux and i do not see issue similar to stated duplicate or mislabeling… are you guys using latest nightly? updating retroarch itself should not have effect on scanning unless its broken. but since you guys seem to have been using older versions of retroarch(i see people were last using 1.6.4 which was last used Aug 2017), that probably also used old database for fbalpha. we are now using fbalpha 2.97.42 since Oct 2017. please try to update and re-verify romsets if havent done so in a while.

Thanks wertz.

I’ve checked my archives and see that I have been using an older 2.97.40 romset.