FireTV Stick Gamepad Key Binds

Hey Guys,

since two days I am trying to turn my FireTV Stick into a gaming system. Unfortunatunely, I am very unexperienced regarding RetroArch. So I tried to follow certain guides trying to reach what I wanted to. None of the referred to the following problem: getting back into the menu while gaming SNES games.

Unable to do this, I can’t use SaveStates or even save at all. Some say a hotkey like Start+B will get you back (nothing happens) or Start+Select will do this (I somehow died a bit as the Stick started talking to me with VoiceView). I also tried different Cores and changed the Keybinds but nothing helped.

What has to be changed and How can I access the menu from a game to save my progress in SNES games?

Thanks, Gummihupe

Maybe it will work if you connect a keyboard to the FireTV.

I found it hard to set up an controller, since this will make it impossible to navigate through the menu.

It should be possible somehow to use the Fire TV Remote for the menu while you can set up controllers for the games. However, as soon as I define the keys for the games, the Fire TV Remote will stop working.

Sorry for being slightly off-topic but what is the general performance of RA on a FireTV Stick? Which cores do work reasonably well?