Fixed 240p@120hz stutter

Fixed 240p@120hz stutter :camera: Hi, this is my first post. I’ve been fiddling with a crt pc monitor and retroarch over the last year, trying stuff. today I came as close to perfection regarding smooth scrolling and overall experience. I want to share my findings. regarding a problem with vsync stutter when testing on 240psuite, once you notice it you can go OCD. Indeed the problem is related to audio, the first thing you need to do is disable audio sync an set dynamic rate control to 0, skew to whatever is close and just above deviation on estimated screen framerate. setting vsync on swap interval 1 hard gpu sync on hard gpu sync frames 0 frame delay 0 bilinear filter off set the resolution to 240p height and an integer of the horizontal resolution, and ratio to custom with integer on, make you’re can create custom resolutions and set refresh rate to 240p, that’s another topic, but if you’re already there, good. Super resolutions also work but OCD… so maybe you could organize your roms by resolutions, and apply custom settings per folder, then just drop roms into the folder. frame throttle maximum run speed set to 0 drivers leave them at default. it helps to use rgui menu driver that’s it, near perfect scrolling, beautiful scanlines optional shaders just gtu on crt shaders and set resolutions to native resolution.

after I realized the stutter issue I created settings for 480p@60hz, it’s just not the same, because of the sharpness and brightness you get with 240p is awesome.

SO BRIGHT AND SMOOTH NO INPUT LAG!

1 Like

Runs twice as fast at 120 Hz

yeah, but when i set throttle max speed to 1 it actually runs at 60fps, not perfectly in sync with refresh rate but it’s smooth and not noticeably really.

I get silky smooth scrolling with just swap interval 2. I believe that setting throttle to 1, kind of has the same effect, as the game has to run frame duped in order to not speed up but you give up skipping boring parts in games.

for some reason swap interval 2 doesn’t work for me, I just can’t get 240p to work, i have to set it to 1 in order to get the switching to work.

for silky smooth scrolling without any issues you can install ravatunerstatisticsserver and set retroarch execytable file framerate limit and scanline sync to 60