Game info not available after rename playlist

So I want to delete the region info in the display names. If I do that after scanning in the playlist file, it also deletes the game info. How do I change the display names and keep the game info?

What are you referring to with ā€œgame infoā€? I have successfully removed the region info in the .lpl files (ex: ā€œ(USA)ā€) from the title line (second line down per entry) and I was able to still play the game. Do you mean saved game files?

FYI: I am running Lakka on a Tinker Board, so Iā€™m using SSH to log into the machine with a command prompt for my edits (using vi or nano text editors). If, instead, I open the .lpl file in Notepad on my windows machine across the network, every entry is ran together and impossible to edit (I think this is due to the differences in the newline or carriage return characters between the 2 OSs)

1 Like

In the menu where you can run the game, there is also game info. When I change the playlist deleting the region tags, it also deletes the info in the game info tab.

As far as I can tell, database items (and also thumbnails) are directly linked to by the full game name as it is contained in the database. Any changes (such as the region ā€˜tagā€™) will break the link.

Renaming the thumbnail files is easy, but changing the names in the database would require building and compiling custom rdb files.

So it shows game info only if the display name is the same as the no-intro database. Thatā€™s weird, right? The file name should be leading, not the display name. :confused:

Lakka needs a proper scraperā€¦

Wow, yeah, agreed. It should at least be based on the CRC as a unique ID. Thatā€™s just proper.

Isnā€™t this a RetroArch issue in that case?