Graphics issue - Beetle PSX HW, Final Fantasy VIII

Hello! First time posting, sorry if this is in the wrong area, I’ve never seen a forum set up like this before!

So, I’m having this weird visual issue playing Final Fantasy VIII on the Beetle PSX HW core.

I’m not even sure how to describe it. It’s like…weird cross-hatching in the menus, and I can see it out on the field too. The problem is intensified by upping the Internal GPU Resolution.

It’s like I can see the individual pixels on the floor or something, and it’s more and more intense the higher the internal res.

It seems to be smoothed out and fixed by rendering in software, rather than hardware, but in general the game looks and performs worse there I found.

Here are all my computer’s specs:

I’ve tried dinking around with a lot of the settings, but nothing seems to fix it outside of switching to software rendering, which I really would like to avoid if possible. I’d like to know if maybe I missed a setting, if there are certain shaders that maybe fix it, or if it’s just something that can’t be helped.

Thanks in advance!

turn off dithering in the core options.

3 Likes

Ahh!!! Wow, I don’t know how I missed that one, it totally worked! Thank you so much~! :slight_smile:

1 Like