Having Trouble Compiling Lakka on Fedora 28 (Building Python Issue)

Hello Everyone, I am currently having trouble compiling Lakka on my Fedora 28 machine. It always seems to run into a Segmentation fault when the script tries to build python for the host. I wasn’t sure if this was a bug, so I decided to post here first.

I am currently trying to build a Rasberry Pi image as a test. I copied the compile command from the doc: DISTRO=Lakka PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make image

Here is the part where the failure starts to happen:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/Downloads/test_lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi.arm-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux:/home/user/Downloads/test_lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi.arm-2.1-devel/toolchain/lib: ./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars ;\
if test $? -ne 0 ; then \
	echo "generate-posix-vars failed" ; \
	rm -f ./pybuilddir.txt ; \
	exit 1 ; \
fi
/bin/sh: line 5: 15597 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/Downloads/test_lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi.arm-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux:/home/user/Downloads/test_lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi.arm-2.1-devel/toolchain/lib: ./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars
generate-posix-vars failed
make[1]: *** [Makefile:543: pybuilddir.txt] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Downloads/test_lakka/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-RPi.arm-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux'
make: *** [Makefile:27: image] Error 2

But if you need the entire log, it is here. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Maybe it is linked to this issue ? We don’t have this issue on Ubuntu 16.04 that we use to build Lakka.

1 Like

When it comes to applying patches to the Lakka builder, is there anything special I have to do or can I just manually edit the file?

Edit: Nevermind, I just applied the patch and the script is now continuing to build. I let you know if it succeeds.

Happy to report that the script was able to successfully compile the software!

I hope you don’t mind me asking, but is there a plan to upstream the patch or update the python source to a new version that fixed the bug (assuming that the fix doesn’t break building on Ubuntu 16.04)?

Thank you for the feedback, I am glad it is working.

We may try to update the python to a newer version in the future.

1 Like