How did you get your username?

I shall start off with mine then, I got my user name from Retro Arch, as I love old games, So Retro came into it, And I am 21, not a young lad, unfortunately not any more :P, so i couldn’t put in RetroMan as it doesn’t sound sensible, so thus Retroboy came into my head as RetroArch makes me feel young again. That is how i got Retroboy.

2 Likes

interesting naming. :wink:

My name comes up with "people have different story on the internet’, so I name “storyofmine plus 11” to be more exclusive.

In highschool my friends and I were really into Diablo II. When I first bought it, I needed an account username. I thought the Druid was a pretty cool hero, and I also was really into play Age of Empires, so I combined them into Druage. :slight_smile:

Turns out I could pull off the tenrai ha in Night Warriors very well. Sadly this is not the case nowadays, so no EVO for me.

Used to be a fan of Tori Amos years ago, so the name part originally came from one of her songs. I also thought the name combination was cool for a gaming name in that blood and roses are both the same color and can both represent death (loss of blood = death, roses placed on a coffin/headstone). The 75 is simple as it’s my birth year.

My name was built slowly over a period of typos in chat with my friends in high school. My name is Chris and someone mistyped it as Crois which then unfortunately became my nickname. A few months later, the same guy mistyped Crois as Crosis. That name was far better and really stuck after the “Crosis The Purger” Magic card came out several months later. As far as the number goes, Crosis seems to be used on most forums and I just like 4 and 7.

Interesting. I got my nick when Xbox Live was released for the first time, back in Mars 2003 i think it was. (Eu release) Shit that is like 11 years ago… lol, but still going strong! :smiley: Skirner a name from the north mythology, and it mean kind of “the shining”

I live here. ;x

Mine came from a video I shot for the song Goblindriver by one of my favorite local bands, Frosthelm. \m/

Take a wild guess. :smiley:

Of all the names the Dude proposes, this is the one I like the best, for it mocks “His Highness” title.

I choose this name in every possible forum I subscribe in. The times I find it taken I try with elDuderino, but that is almost always taken too. So I go with HisDudeness3008, from my birth date (Italian format).

Yes, I’m a Dudeist and a Dudaholic.

Everyone thinks that my name is some kind of drug reference, and it’s infuriating.

SkyHigh, as in up in the sky, as in ‘soaring sky high’. My last name is “Hawk” and it seemed perfect.

The “Gamer” part is obvious, but I added the 3 because “SkyHighGamer” was already taken no Xbox Live when I set this name up the first time. It’s simple but unique enough because I can get an account with it anywhere.

[QUOTE=HisDudeness;36026]Of all the names the Dude proposes, this is the one I like the best, for it mocks “His Highness” title.

I choose this name in every possible forum I subscribe in. The times I find it taken I try with elDuderino, but that is almost always taken too. So I go with HisDudeness3008, from my birth date (Italian format).

Yes, I’m a Dudeist and a Dudaholic.[/QUOTE] my name comes from old street name i used to run around with its means trigger happy cassidy not what people may think it means lol haha…

I am a system administrator by profession. Inside and out of my professional life I live and breath *nix systems. So my username was a no brainer.

I was that guy that everyone went to when they had math problems. Those are the origins.

From Duke Nukem, a old nick name i used in the golden forum era (2005-2008), and even now my friends call me “Duke” even i am spanish language native. I have 38 years old.

Haha thats pretty cool Duke.

My name both in RetroArch and retro achievements its my name and the initials of my last names, I amtrying to build my internet presence :grinning:

1 Like

Randomly generated in a password manager.

Everyone thinks my username is a pot reference, and it drives me crazy. As if “high” could only ever mean I’m “all 'bout dat 420 life y’all”…

My last name is type of bird, and what do birds do? They fly, up high, in the sky… I don’t expect people to pick up on that thought process, I just liked the way “SkyHighGamer” sounded, and it was taken, so I threw in a 3

At this point though “SkyHighGam3r” is so fully integrated into my life that I will never escape it.

1 Like