How to install/setup Mame2014-Core?

If you’re already familiar with using putty to access the filesystem, you might try it in two steps:

1. copy mame2014_libretro.so to a folder with Samba access in Windows, like Lakka’s ‘System’ folder.
  2. use putty to log in to Lakka and copy the file to the folder /tmp/cores

I use mame 2014 core to run many ROMs,but it no work.

@shakalakka you can download recent buildbot Linux cores here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/

If you find one that works well in Lakka and have a minute, let me know which one.

1 Like

has load it with lakka le core downloader :slight_smile: no clue why i didn’t try that further. now i can try out my untested 0.159 set (which i rebebuilded from 0.175) and the playlist/tumphnailpacks i generated last days :sunny:

sample folder must put in “storage/system/mame2014” ?

EDIT: Thank you very very much again :slight_smile:

EDIT EDIT: whats the difference between the cores for armel and armhf ? and can you tell me which one is better for Odroid C2 (S905 CPU) ?

Will try further test on x64 with mame2014 - has problems with my romset as i had expected. now doing all rebuilding again from start first.

You have to use armhf for C2.

hello do i have to use armhf for odroid xu4 too?

Yes, all our ARM builds are armhf I think.

hello friends, i would like to try mame 2014 core too, but i found only an impressive reference big collection (mainly because a big number of HDD games) the collection is non merged and i have some questions then: can i convert to splitted set to reduce storage size? will it work? i remember times ago only a bunch of hdd games were working, is there somewhere a list of working hdd games so i can skip downloading non working and further reduce the size of the collection? last one: does the mame2014 replace mame2003 so i can get rid of it? thank you very much!

Biggest part of the space will waste for a “few” CHD Games (mostly not working correctly). Without this chd-games the set should be much smaller (arround 70GB to 100GB maybe for Mame2014 set). When you use a splitted one its arround 50 GB With this tool you can filter all chd entries if you want … Testers needed: Simple Arcade Multifilter

P.S.: I use a Splitted 0.159 Set and many games will not run (f.e. CPS2) with Mame2014. Same with 0.174 splitted Set and Mame2016 But i have no clue either is a issue with Mame, my Romset or these games can only run with a non-merged romset?!? With Mame2003 and FBA i can play all games with a splitted Romset!

thanks shakalakka, i have a “working” collection set mame 0.181(splitted) with working only chd included, collection is around 90gb. i tried to convert to 0.159 but result was a non working set. the reference set i’m downloading (mame 2014) is around 250gb!! fortunately i have sufficient space for a non-merged collection (without chd’s) so i will try it with cps2 games to see if they work :slight_smile:

EDIT: where did you put samples, is “storage/system/mame2014/samples” correct?

storage/system/mame2014/samples/ *.zip is the correct one i think so far (had not really test it out).

thanks for your effort in testing cps2 on mame2014 :slight_smile: had the cps2-problem only with Lakka. Mame64UI 0159/0.174 (installed on windows 10) will play all the tested game correctly with same romsets. haven’t tested with RA for Windows. some other Boards/Games have same problem but i can’t remind exactly on which games.

ok i just finished downloading the 0.159 non-merged collection (excluding chd files). it is 81.5gb big! i noticed it is filled of those space-waster slot machines/coin pushers, i will try the program you linked to clean it a bit from unwanted “machines”. do you have a name of a cps2 game you would like me to try first?

Hello, i have tried several CPS2 Games like: Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Gem Fighter Minimix, X-Men - Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, Vampire Savior, Marvel vs. Capcom

none of this Games will load/run correctly. It simply turn me back to Lakka GUI. Has tried the parrent-roms and some clones.

without: CHD, Quiz-games, Slot-Maschines, Electromachanics, Bullfighter and so on i came arround 25 GB for Mame2014-Splitted-Set (nearly 7000 Roms)

i used this filter-setting in category-sorter http://pastebin.com/1iFKBR76

if cps2 is not loading, then you are missing the updated rom sets that includes the encryption file (.key) in the romset. also for capcom (cps1 cps2 and im not sure about cps3) you need qsound.bin. check debug window/log for proper analysing issues

1 Like

have rebuilded the 0.159 set with cmp from a proper 0.161-set. cmp-scanner did’nt shows any missing files related to the tested games and MAMEUI 0.159 plays the same roms without any issue
exactly the same with 0.174 Set and MAME2016. Many Games run (like all Cave Games, Taito F3, CPS1) but many games didnt (for example all CPS2 Games).

If anyone else had the issue i will doing some issue-report on github

im not sure if you read my post above.

1 Like

yes the “qsound.zip” was missing from the sets i tried. had taken from the fullset and just copied to my “category sorted” one and it works like harm (for Mame2014 and Mame2016) :slight_smile:

all games i tried seems to be fine now.

thank you very much.

think the Category Sorter i used filter it out, will report it on the sorter-thread: Simple Arcade Multifilter - app for MAME and FB Alpha ROM sets

i think bios-related files(like qsound.bin is some sort of bios) is ignored by the sorter. anyways good that you have stuffs working now.

hello, the category sorter made a lot of mess to me too!! i followed the instruction and “CHECKED” copy bios files but NONE bios files was copied, i made a second try and i obitain same result plus another strange result, i filtered out all MECHANICAL machines, i did it TWO times (selecting the same things every time) i got two different results (different sizes and file numbers)!!! i think i will use the complete rom set :frowning:

Indeed there was a bug affecting Devices and Mechanicals in MAME 2014+. The latest compile of the arcade filter app changes the 'include BIOS" filter to be “BIOS, Device, and Mechanical.” Also some of the other options should be better described now.