Hyperspin Test (Retroarch Inside)

A simple Hyperspin test showing some of the interface and emulation (Retroarch), with some RocketLauncher management behind the scenes. Needs some tweaks, like some cropped video that should fit the overlay, etc., but it’s really solid as it is for emulation in general. Also, since the recorder switch modes between the frontend and the game play, it doesn’t look as smooth as it is, but it gives the idea, not counting the shaders that don’t look right in the video recording, but looks beautiful in normal usage.

3 Likes

Looks nice! I hadn’t seen the magazines before. That’s a pretty cool feature.

Reading the magazines is really nice, I forgot mentioning that, the reader that makes that cool effect is called SodaPDF.

I was gonna say, these look like Aorin’s themes… and there you are! hahaha.

It’s lookin’ good man. LOOKIN’ GOOD! I need to record some new footage myself. My themes have completely changed since my last upload.

1 Like

I just updated the video, it includes game play for all consoles, shows Retroarch playing videos in Kodi, etc.

2 Likes

Rockford Files!!! Oh man, that’s awesome. The only friend I have that understands my love for that show is a 64 year old hawaiian gal hahaha.

I’m gonna have to give Kodi a go, it’s definitely more in depth than using HS directly and shoehorning functionality from VLC the way I’ve been doing.

1 Like

Hey Sky, I`m 31 but I do love a good movie, series, cartoon, be that from yesterday or from 1890!!! Haha Yeah, having kodi inside Hyperspin or the frontend you like to use is a nice touch indeed, and much easier to collect meta data and artwork, since it does that automatically. The TV frame and shader looks great here, unfortunately in the recording and the conversion for a smaller video to be uploaded we lose a lot of the real feel, but I assure you it worth the little effort to use this for 4:3 stuff. There’s this simple guide I put together here on how to integrate Retroarch into Kodi , check the second post in this thread:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/31226-retroarch-video-playback-overlays-shaders/

2 Likes

Hahaha, that makes me feel even better. I just turned 29 this month so it’s cool to see someone my age is enjoying the classics too haha.

I’ll give that thread a read, your contributions are awesome as always man. Keep up the great work!

1 Like