Is it possible to make the default C64 Vice x64 screen bigger?

It’s the only one of all the RetroArch emulator cores that doesn’t fill my 16:9 1920X1080 TV screen from top to bottom. I don’t mind the borders on either side but it just seems a lot of wasted on-screen real estate. Also, what’s the default CRT shader it uses? For some reason, it disappeared on me.

There are no default shaders. That is, there’s no mechanism for a core to request a shader, and no way for the frontend to tell a core whether a shader is present and/or compatible.

Do you have integer scaling enabled? If not, and there are still borders all around, your best bet is probably to use a custom aspect ratio and set a size that’s larger than your actual screen and then save a core override with the new setting.

So, I’m assuming the settings I need to change are “Custom Aspect Ratio Width” and “Custom Aspect Ratio Height.” Very good.

When I first ran Vice x64 3.0 it already had a very nice shader preconfigured, it seemed. Then it vanished after I was fiddling with some settings. CRT-Easymode looks good and I use it with nearly all my 8-bit and 16-bit emus so I’ll just use that.