Kronos core, some issues

Hello I’m new here, I decided to create an account to point some issues on my experience with kronos playing Shining Force 3 scenario 1.

• Experiencing graphic glitches with masqurin blaze spell
  • Sounds Effects like Level Up sounds, openings chests, opening doors are quite different from the original sounds.
  • Save/load states are broken.

I’m loving this core, it’s not long untill I can replace it over beetle/mednafen

1 Like
  • masqurin blaze spell issues are known, and should be mostly fixed after i merge the new renderer in the libretro port (i hope in the next few days)
  • i didn’t know about the sound issues, thanks for the report, i’ll check it
  • savestates randomly (not) work, i’m not sure what’s the trigger for them to (not) work and have been thinking of totally disabling them until i figure out the issue (actually i think all 3 yabause-based core have this issue).
3 Likes

Thanks for replying, I’m glad if I was of any help.

Regarding the save state problem, I think how curious it is because it’s (theorycally) a core service on any emulator. Someone on Yabause team have really messed up

Many emulators actually lack support for them, it is far from being a simple matter, if you take a look at mame i’m not even sure half of the games support savestates.

Anyway, i intend to look at beetle-saturn’s savestate code in the future, it might help solving this issue.

1 Like

Regarding the sound issue, it’s probably because yabause (and its siblings/offspring) sounds a bit off in general. Like its audio engine is missing an LPF or something.

1 Like

SF3 graphic glitches should be mostly fixed again with the latest commits. Some spell effects are still missing (weirdly, on a per-map basis) but the issue was identified and will be fixed in a later commit.

3 Likes