Lakka on OrangePi PC Plus?

Hello,

I’ve recently bought an OrangePi PC Plus to make it become a retro gaming console. I originally wanted to install a RetroPie fork for the OrangePi. But after a little bit more research I found RetroArch and finally Lakka which (in my opinion) looks better. So I wanted to try it. But I also found that there is no PC Plus version available.

Is there any hope to see Lakka coming on the OPi Pc Plus ?

I’ve found a few devel images but none seemed to work (which makes sense)

Ummmm…I think they’re here: http://le.builds.lakka.tv/

Yeah but there’s no PC Plus version and the PC version does not work either. I’ve been told on the IRC that the OPi support was broken so, all I can do is waiting.

Thanks anyway for the answer.

1 Like

Hi, I just got my Orange Pi PC Plus yesterday, and am running the current Lakka for the Orange Pi PC. I’ve not added any ROMS or done anything with it so far, but just to let you know it does work on the O-Pi PC Plus. :grinning:

Thanks for answering and sorry for the very late answer, I didn’t have time before.

That’s very weird. I mean I tried different SD cards, nightlies… Pretty much everything that came to my mind… So you just downloaded the latest stable right, not a nightly build ?. Which is v2.1.

Also, did you download the image for the OPi PC ? As there’s no image for the PC Plus.

Thanks for the help

Hello. Sorry for my late reply, I didn’t seem to get a notification. Anyway, yes, it was just the stable version, and the image was for the O-Pi PC. I don’t believe there is any (or much) difference between the PC and the PC+, apart from the plus having wi-fi.

Does your O-Pi work with other retro systems, like RetrOrangePi, or Linux distro like Armbian? If Lakka is the only thing you’ve tried, and it doesn’t work, maybe the O-Pi isn’t working. Do you have your own power supply, or did it come as part of a kit?

When I first got mine, I accidentally plugged it in with no SD card, and found that there was a Chinese Android setup already installed on the onboard flash. Unusable, of course, but it showed that the device worked.

Thanks for the answer ! :slight_smile:

My OPiPC/ works fine with RetrorangePi and with armbian. I also got mine with a Chinese android but I flashed the eMMC with a fresh armbian, that also works.

The only problems I have with this board are with the latest Lakka that give a blinking glitched screen, that turns the monitor on and off.

I also found out that Lakka 2.0 works fine.

I might try with 2.1.1 now it’s out.

Glad you got it working. I have to say I’m rather disappointed with how my O-Pi is performing; I noticed it seeming to struggle with NES, even. The sound on Mario Brothers seemed a bit ‘stuttery’, I thought.

And wow, talk about running hot! :fire: I nearly burnt my fingers on the CPU. I later fitted a small heatsink set, but I guess it really needs a fan. It could be that the speed was being throttled down because of heat.

I will have to give 2.1.1 a go also, and RetrOrangePi too.

^ Are you sure you’re not getting an undervoltage lightning bolt icon? That could be the issue with the stuttering, and it could be the cable that feeds the power supply.

I don’t know if I get a lightning bolt since the screen is totally glitched BUT, i just checked with a volt meter and I have a solid 5v before, during and after boot, so the power supply is not the issue. 2.1.1 does not solve the issue.

So i’m stuck with 2.0 for the moment.

I’m starting to think it could be my monitor but I don’t have any other HDMI screen to test :confused:

I think metalm84 was replying to me, about stuttering sound. :wink:

I just had a thought; if your TV also has a DVI input, you could try an HDMI to DVI converter, which might get around the problem.

Thanks metalm84, I shall investigate.