Lakka v2.1.1 silently released 2018-06-25, info and discussion

Hey everyone! I noticed that Lakka v2.1.1 was silently released here: http://le.builds.lakka.tv/

I updated my Arcade Machine (Phenom X2 550, 4GB Dual Channel, Geforce 210 and Lakka x64) and thankfully went well, first thing I did is enable dual Thumbnails, but nothing else as the arcade is already “finished”.

Any news, changelog, from the developers and or experience from other users would be good to post it here.

Offtopic: Also want to point out that since forums changed, I hate visiting it, and prefer older version. I think its relevant as it seems that Im not the only one, as there are hardly any new threads on the forums since the change.

The news will be published when this PR is accepted.

1 Like

Some notes after a very brief test on a RPi3:

• Upgrade from 2.1 went well, no issues.
  • My Dualshock 4 works erratically. It is unusable, it jumps all over the menu. Might be an auto-binding issue.
  • 8bitdo SF30 works OK.
  • I tried to run cannonball but it won’t launch the core correctly from the browser with the .game file. Since I had used the core previously in 2.1 I had the history entry, this works OK. It appears the core .info file is missing, this might be the cause.

Note: tested with a cleared retroarch.cfg

1 Like

Please find my experience so far.

Flashed the Generic x86_64 version to USB.
Plugged into Beelink S1 (Ubuntu OS) specs from vendor.
Always used from Live USB, i.e. not yet installed.

PSX emulation works great through both Re-Armed & Mednafen HW cores.

Problems arise with PPSSPP cores.

• Using the built-in core, all games show the Lakka flower logo then return to the menu.
  • Using latest PPSSPP core (from buildbot, 5th July 2018) in \storage\cores I get this message: lakka failed to open libretro core

To date, I can play PSX games but not PSP ones.
To note that in \storage\system\PPSSPP\ are stored the .zim, flash0, lang and all files required.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Update regarding PPSSPP status:

Moving latest core (published in bot, yesterday, 5th July 2018) from \storage\cores to /storage/.config/retroarch/cores/ reverts to initial problem of reverting to Lakka flower logo then goes back to menu.

Idea taken from:

1 Like

Is there ANY reason why MAME 2010 / 2014 / 2016 cores are not in x64 release? I desperately want to play newer games than MAME 2003 games and my x64 machines are quite capable of running any MAME version.

1 Like

Followup:

• Dualshock 4 issue solved after binding manually. The layout/button IDs have changed (at least for my controller).
  • Confirmed that the Cannonball issue is fixed by adding the core info file to /storage/cores.
1 Like

For some reason when I try to open a gamecube game it doesn’t give me an option for the gamecube core? any ideas?

1 Like

I took the PPSSPP core which came bundled with Lakka 2.1 and copied it over to 2.1.1. Works for me for now!

1 Like

When is a official release due? I see the latest release was from November.

1 Like

Another change I noticed:

I have core overrides for scanline overlays for some cores. In 2.1 these options would work for said cores and other cores would keep the global settings.

Now it appears retroarch.cfg is being written with some of these options, setting them as global.

I don’t know if this is an intentional change in the Retroarch update.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Could I ask how to extract the built-in core, please?

1 Like

2nd updated on PPSSPP

Tested an even newer core in x86_64 nightlies (2018-07-10 10:35)

Once again, to no avail.

The following are the logs of my various attempts.

Using 2.1.1 built-in PPSSPP core: log.

Placed latest core in /storage/cores: log.

Placed latest core in /storage/.config/retroarch/cores: log.

To note that the following is present in all three logs:

[ERROR] Failed to open libretro core: "/tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so"
[ERROR] Error(s): /tmp/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

LAKKA_DISK
Contents of storage partition without added files/cores: text.

1 Like

Uneducated and immature guess: could it be that ppsspp_libretro.so was not packaged in final release of Lakka 2.1.1.?

1 Like

Howdy all! I"m rather new to the forum, and I don’t think I can make new threads myself, so I’m going to post here because it seems to be the most relevant spot.

I just downloaded and started running Lakka v2.1.1 (I am turning my old computer into a retro arcade), but I’m running into a myriad of problems. I think they might all be connected, but I don’t know what the solution could be. I don’t have any audio running from my machine when I run games, but when I go to the audio options there’s no availability to pick any audio port. When looking up ways to fix this, I seem to be missing a ton of options in my settings tab, and can’t access drivers. I also cannot find Lakka on any of my other PC’s when I am trying to download ROMs, even when I have them all hooked up to the same internet and I’ve switched the tab in the network settings of Lakka that should allow me to find it.

This is the PC i’m using. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7Bb64q I downloaded the 64 bit version of Lakka. Is that the problem? Should I restart with the 32 bit?

1 Like

32 vs 64 bit shouldn’t matter. If you’re not seeing options, go to settings > user interface and make sure ‘show advanced options’ is enabled.

1 Like

Hey man, It seems that you are having some issues that are not tied to Lakka 2.1.1 but your understanding.

1. Go Here for audio issues: http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Audio-settings/
  2. Go to services and enable SAMBA as it comes disabled by default, then you’ll find it on the network.
  3. Try to stick to http://www.lakka.tv/doc/Home/ for issues.

Hope you sort out the issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers for matcarfer!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I’ve actually checked out those pages, the problem I was having with the audio was that I didn’t have the advanced options enabled so I couldn’t actually mess around with the settings too much.

I do have the SAMBA enabled, but I still can’t find Lakka on the network. I’ll just put my ROMS on a USB stick C:

1 Like

Wifi doesn’t work on S905x box. It doesn’t detect any network

1 Like