Little Big Adventure (PAL) ROM?

[[[post removed due to violation of forum rules]]]

That’s against the forum rules to request or share ROMs or otherwise contribute to copyright infringement. This is a warning, but if you do it again I’ll have to ban your account.

Bit harsh isn’t it? After all everyone on here has or continues to infringe copyright. That’s like me posting on a forum for Fight Club and not being able to talk about Fight Club. And by extension isn’t RetroArch facilitating copyright infringement? I mean that’s its purpose otherwise why does it even exist? Guess I’ll have to ask elsewhere.

No, RetroArch doesn’t facilitate copyright infringement, and we (the libretro contributors/organization) do not condone or promote copyright infringement.

RetroArch is not an emulator, it’s a frontend for the libretro API.

Even looking at individual cores–of which many are emulators–there are plenty of public domain games and homebrew software that can run on them (i.e., legitimate uses), and emulation and/or the reverse-engineering required in their development have been ruled non-infringing in various court cases, so long as certain rules are followed.

Furthermore, in many locales, it is legal to dump your own games and then play them with emulators, and this is what we assume all of our users do, in accordance with their own local laws and statutes.

(I am not a lawyer and nothing contained in this post should be construed as legal advice)

I know you didn’t mean anything by it and that’s why I didn’t immediately ban your account and instead just gave you a warning. It seems silly, but it’s rules like these that help prevent large, well-funded and emulation-unfriendly companies from targeting us with takedowns and lawsuits.

1 Like

Well I did say I have the game on original Playstation disc. So making a dump of that is legal, maybe? I’m not entirely sure in the UK to be honest. I only asked for a ROM because I couldn’t find my disc. Well I have now (in a box of my C64 games for some weird reason). So it’s all good!

EDIT

Anyway thank you for not banning me. I’ll be more careful from now on.

2 Likes

I’m having a black-out problem with LBA. When loading a save state the whole screen is black apart from Twinsen and NPCs in the area. The rest comes back when I centre the screen, though it’s not always possible to do that so instead I have to open the menu and then go back to the game for everything to reappear.

Also, when Twinsen enters dialogue with someone the screen goes completely black apart from the text of the conversation.

I have LBA on GOG and iPad, I dislike both. The GOG original game version is harder with Twinsen losing health when bumping into walls and no saving. The iPad controls are awful. And I’ve just seen footage of DotEmu’s so called “enhanced version” which looks terrible, having to click where you want Twinsen to move and all the hand holding hint crap!

I prefer the PS1 version as it’s the one I played in 1997 on my 21st birthday. Unfortunately though I still have the original disc my PS1 died a long time ago so RetroArch is the only way I can and want to play it. It’s such a shame then that it’s so glitchy.

Possibly related?

Can you try it on the non-HW version?

YESSS! Beetle non-HW version works a treat, thanks hunterk. The downside though is the widescreen hack is a bit rubbish, the one for HW works better so I’ll have to leave it at the default ratio. Also, sadly my save states, while still working, seem to load the HW core when load a save so I’ll have to start the game from the beginning again! Oh well, I’d not long got to Principal Island so it’s not too much bother.

Am I missing anything else out by not using Hardware mode? Also, its worth noting LBA does not work at all with ReARMed.

HW is where all of the fancy/hacky stuff happens, like internal res upscaling, texture filtering, etc. If you don’t need that and/or want a more stable, accurate experience, non-HW is all you need.