Loading in/out of games increasing over time

Hi,

I’ve come across a new issue, after multiple restarts and game loads, the load time (independent of system or game) increases. Starts close to 3 seconds, and I’ve pushed it to over 30 seconds.

This happens independent of volume of playlist, space on memory card, or memory card manufacturer. I’ve increased/decreased/disabled nearly every option without any success. I’ve tried different nightly builds, same story, starts out great, and over time loading times degrades.

Could be a hardware problem maybe, but ROTT builds don’t see to be a problem

The only other odd variable is that there are module failures on load occasionally, but don’t seemingly have any effect.

Anyone have thoughts or a lead on this issue?

(2.1.1 - Asus Tinkerboard)

Thanks!

Assuming it gets better (temporarily) after rebooting the Tinker Board, right? Which games/cores are you seeing this with? Does it change when you try something small like NES or Atari (vs PS or PSP)? Does it make a difference if the the roms are extracted prior to running?

I disabled advanced settings and it started loading quickly again.

I turned it back on and over time, game load times steadily increases reboots have no effect, seemingly make it worse. Occurs with all roms independent of system or core. all my roms are unzipped.

I’m going to try to reproduce on a Pi and Pi B+

I spoke too soon, slowdowns are back up to 30 seconds. tried the nightly builds, same behavior.