Looking for info on making controller overlays for mobile devices

Anyone know where there’s some documentation on making controller overlays? I’ve heard it’s complicated, but I’d still like to take a crack at it. Most of what I’ve found is on border overlays, and what I have found usually refers to dead links.

Official documentation is here:

Overlays, specifically, are here:

It’s not really that complicated, it’s just tedious.

cool! I was looking for this exact thing, but my searches just kept dropping me on the main page of the git and I just didn’t see it.

Thanx

What would really be useful (and so far no overlay does it to my knowledge), is a directional pad that has properties of both digital and analog pads. Digital responds to tapping and Analog continues to have effect if you slide outside the graphical area of the pad. Very useful for all arcade games. Mame4droid has this for its overlay pad and it’s great.

Two other mandatory requirements imo would be for the touch/tap area to be a little bigger than the actual graphical limits of the d-pad and the placement of the d-pad and buttons to be mostly on the non used parts of the screen (almost all buttons can be placed outside the 4/3 usable screen).

Here is the docs websit link also. It’s a bit prettier:slight_smile: https://docs.libretro.com/specs/overlay/