macOS: bluetooth Problems since Sierra freezes

Hi,

I am a frequent user of RetroArch on macOS and I simply love this fine piece of Software. However, after updating both my Macs to macOS Sierra, I noticed a bug. I use RetroArch with a PS3 Dualshock controller and every time I close a game and/or open a new game RetroArch freezes for ca. 5 to 10 Seconds and then the yellow info text at the bottom appears “Dualshock 3 connected, blabla” and everything continues working just fine.

I reinstalled RA but the problem persists even on default settings. Probably something is messing with the bluetooth functionality causing it to disconnect/reconnect every time you close or open a game.

Hope there will be a fix soon. Or ist there a workaround known already?

Best, 0-bake

This is the first I’ve heard of it, but we’ll take a look.

Where you able to reproduce the error?

I haven’t tried it at all, personally. My only Mac is stuck on Lion.

Anyways, just for confirmation this thing is a Sierra bug: I installed El Capitan again on my Mac mini (connected to my TV) and RetroArch works like a charm like it did before upgrading. So probably some bluetooth functions have changed with Sierra.

If you need someone for testing this, I also have an iMac running Sierra. But I guess this will be a very simple fix, once someone knows what actually changed.

I know this is an old topic, but the issue is still around so just for the record I’ll add that it also affects rumble over bluetooth. Whenever a vibration is triggered to occur Retroarch starts freezing repeatedly, sometimes taking several minutes before finally snapping out of it which probably depends on how long the vibration is programmed to persist. I’ve had this behavior in Mupen64Plus and Beetle PSX.

Having the exact same issue but with ubuntu 16.04 using a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth device.

I shpuld add it only does it when it’s paired with something, in this case an 8bitdo modkit controller