Mame 0.200 on android and future savestate native support

Hi, I read that you will add the stavestate native support on mame whitch is a great addition. Will it work for android ? And will we have an mame 0.200 version (mame git) or jump directly on mame 0,201 for android ? Thanks

It’ll jump to whatever is newest at the time we get it building for Android again. I assume native savestates will work in Android, as well, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Ok thanks I will wait for try this nice addition thanks

Please update it quickly, it’s almost two months, since the 0.200 version came out, I have a bit of obsessive-compulsive disorder almost every day to refresh the download page several times…:sob::sob::sob:

really… its not helping…

I want to chance my luck.:hugs:

Hi @hunterk, is there a GitHub issue where I can track progress on this and possibly take a look at how to contribute? I’m guessing this is also what is getting in the way of 64-bit Android compilation for the latest MAME versions.

I don’t think there was an issue before, but I opened one here:

Hi, so the new offical mame version 0.202 is gone. Can we expect a new version of the mame git soon with these new revision? I can’t wait for test the new feature savestaveand maybe the run head for mame if it will working. Thanks

Hi, since mame doesn’t been updated on last versions, Is there any other mame core (2003,2014, etc…) witch benefit from the run ahead feature ? Thanks for your advice Regards

None of them will since they all utilize MAME’s internal save states instead of the libretro’s. There would have to be a big effort to modify MAME to integrate more fully with libretro/Retroarch that has not happened yet.

This is not true in general of MAME cores, which in general ought to be able to use the “Second Instance” runahead setting.

I can’t speak in detail about other MAME cores, but runahead is specifically working mame2003-plus via Second Instance. Unless you want to play games that aren’t supported by mame2003-plus, then it is probably going to be the most functional and integrated with libretro regardless.

Thanks for the correction! I wasn’t aware of the second instance mode.

1 Like

Ok thanks I will give a try, Do you know if a current mame version (git) will be available soon for android ? Thanks

My understanding is that back in 2017 there was an issue preventing the libretro MAME Android port from advancing which is the reason we have MAME 2016. I don’t work with that platform or core so I don’t know if the issue was ever resolved, hopefully someone with that knowledge will post.

edit: @Srk15372 I’m interested in hearing from people who are fans of games that are not yet included in mame2003-plus. If there are a particular couple of games you play that aren’t in mame2003-plus feel free to mention them.

Ok thanks I will try this mame 2003 plus but have to build the right romset. I have the 0.78 romset but don t know now how many new games were included. I will search for build the fullset and comeback to give you some new games thanks again

Most MAME 0.78 romsets will work fine as they are.

For the romsets which have changed or been added, there are some docs about rebuilding you might find useful: https://docs.libretro.com/library/mame2003_plus/#building-romsets-for-mame-2003-plus

Ok thanks again I will try this week after work Regards