Mame 2016 Core - Setting Up Mouse As Trackball

Hi all, I am trying to set up my mouse as a trackball for games like Centipede. I have tried the following with no luck:

1. Finding it within the Quick Menu > Controls
  2. I switched the Enable In Game Mouse in Quick Menu > Options
  3. I changed the Mouse Index to several values (0,1,2…) within the Input > User 1 Binds menu

Everything seems to want me to use my 360 controller or my keyboard, so is there a way within the GUI for the criminally stupid like me to set this up? I would prefer to use Retroarch for ALL of my Mame games, so figuring this out would be a big help.

Thank you in advance. Joseph

I’m not sure if this will help but maybe there is an option by pressing the “TAB” key while in-game?

Most options are still accessed in the TAB menu like the standalone.

Hi GemaH / All, I was able to get into the MAME menu by hitting the TAB key, but there is no option to set my input as a mouse or to change any of the existing controls to a mouse. What are the menu options within the core or within the Retroarch GUI that I can do this (i.e. Go Into X > Then Y, Then Select Z)? I apologize if this seems like a dumb question, but I am normally pretty good with figuring this stuff out, but this one has me stumped.

Hi

I know this is an older post but I just wanted to know that I too have searched hi and low and have not found how to use a mouse for some MAME 2016 core content.

Are there any updates?