MAME Core Playing Tiger Game.com

Hello,

This morning I finally got Tiger Game.com working via the mame core. I was excited to check out Duke Nukem and my xbox 360 buttons were not mapped properly. X was taking screenshots, Y was muting and unmuting the audio, and B was closing the emulator.

When I went into the controller setting via F1 in RA I was unable to map the buttons to ANYTHING. All of the buttons are displaying blank yet somehow still doing the various things mentioned above. I have never used mame and I actually just setup Super Vision the other day using the mame core and I am getting the same results. Obviously, since it’s the same core.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Think you need to press tab to get to the config of mame

1 Like

That was it, thank you! I forgot MAME had its own set of controls. The issue I am having now is that when I try to set the controls, the original actions are happening. Therefore when I go to set D using my B button on the 360 pad it closes the emulator.

How did you even get the Games to run properly??? For me, the Graphics get messed up, or the Emu says there is no Game Card

I am using RocketLauncher. My bios files were improperly named. Here are the steps I did to get it working.

1. Download Retroarch’s regular MAME core.
  2. Download Tigergame.com bios files.
  3. Name bios files external.bin and internal.bin This is the part I didn’t have right.
  4. Place bios files into a folder called gamecom and place them in your Tiger Game.com rom directory. Nothing needs to go into your \system\mame directory.
  5. Set the system directory for your MAME core to \system\mame

If you get yours working I would appreciate you posting how you got the contoler setup.

I got it Running…but always getting some Error saying there is no Game Inserted.

I don’t know what to tell you. I can’t try to boot into any of my games because I can’t map the controller.

Try going to system/mame/ and check if you have a cfg folder (like with the standalone MAME). If so, there should be a file there called default.cfg that has the MAME key bindings. You can modify it manually (at least to change the current keys for place holders).

I don’t have that folder and I’ve never setup MAME.

bump. No one else wants to play these garbage games?

You eed to setup mame as if it’s stand-alone. easiest get mame for your platform and copy everything into /system/mame. then the roms goes into the roms dir, under the gamecom dir (if using softlist) and then load it using mame as the core