MAME core TI-99 controlls

I am trying to use the MAME core to play TI-99 games. They appear to boot but I cant get any controls to work. Was wondering if anyone had and advise on getting this working. Attempting to just plug a keyboard in via usb doesnt help as I cant set a keyboard as a controller.

Select + X will open the menu, for certain drivers. I know for a fact that this won’t work for certain drivers, like for example, the Sord M5. But most of the times this works.

Tried select+ all the buttons and cant get the menu to show.

Yeah, sometimes it happens. Like I’ve said, the Sord M5 driver does that. Sorry. :frowning:

Sord m5 amber pegasus bk-01 all work on android …ti-99 I never tried because I dont have any frontend artwork for a clean presentation on a frontend ( hyperspin android)…what u should do is load a working rom then map the scroll lock key to ur controller …scroll lock is what prevents u from accessing the mame options in many mess systems…while u at it check to make sure tape play is f2 which on shield should be left joystick button…u will need tape play for many old school systems like spectravideo, pegasus,and many more

Thank you for the scroll lock info, I was able to set that in a working game and can now get to the config menu. I looks like I have the bios loading but not the games. Im assuming I may not have the correct folder/file structure setup for mame in my Retroarch folder. Was wondering if you have that since you have other non arcade systems working as expected.

1 Like

Thanks for the scroll lock tip. The sord m5 works, but the controls not. I’ll try your tip.