Mame problem lag certain games

hi this is my firsts post and am having a 2 problems. i already searched but found nothing or didnt look well. first problem. android 9 rooted. using mame games the on screen controller needs to be switch to analog as the dpad doesn work. but as soon as i toogle the analog pad the games lags very bad but swtching to dpad it runs perfect. is there any fix for this. example ghouls and ghost works fine but altered beast lags. i tried all cores still lags. 2nd question on sega genesis prince beggar rom when you enter to the magician house and gives you the restore health magic the game resets. but if i play it on my laptop it doesnt.?? thanks

I’ve heard other people say analogs make their device slow down, but we don’t know what causes it.

I would suggest either trying to go into the MAME OSD menu (usually opened with TAB on a keyboard, so if you can attach a keyboard, that’s probably the easiest way to open it; there’s also a keyboard overlay you could use) and change the mapping on the joystick to use the dpad/arrow keys instead of the analog stick.

Or, try FBNeo and see if it treats you any differently.

1 Like

Could it be the overlay refresh to show the animation that gets constantly triggered by the analog?

thanks i have no way of using a keyoard. this is my first emulator ive used on phone. so i researched and many people recommended retroarch. when i saw i can emulate many systems on the same app. ill check fbneo though. but rather have 1 app. how could i use a keyboard overlay.?how do i do that.?

settings > onscreen display > onscreen overlay > ‘overlay preset’, then navigate to ‘keyboards’ > US-101 > US-101.

1 Like

all right thank you very much. appreciate your help.