Mayflash gamecube to USB adapter supported?

I thought I had the Mayflash Gamecube to USB adapter which has a config file here : https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-joypad-autoconfig/blob/master/udev/Mayflash_GameCube_to_USB_Adapter.cfg But it seems I don’t as it is not working out-of-the-box neither in PC mode (however I see a « mayflash… not configured » message on screen once Lakka is started) nor in Wii U/NS (Nintendo Switch) mode. Mayflash has at least two models (2 ports-model, 4 ports-model) so perhaps I just don’t have the right model.

However I used udevadm info command (from another OS on same device - RPi3) and I see for my adapter 0079 as vendor id and 1844 as model id (hex numbers), far from what I see in the .cfg file (6708 for vendor, whereas I would expect 121 - decimal equivalent of 0079). I do see 121 in some others Mayflash*.cfg and 3727 in others. What’s wrong ?

2 Likes

i really love to see this adapter and/or the regular (official NGC–>WiiU smash Bros.) - adapter supported properly by lakka.

1 Like

We should enable at least CONFIG_HID_MAYFLASH to make it works.

Please open an issue.

2 Likes

Hi! I am lost. Sorry in advance; I cannot help you. I am trying to get my Mayflash Gamecube to USB adapter working, as well. If you have had any luck, what have you done to get yours working, and how can I? I do not understand the other responses to your query. I am a complete noob and I know absolutely nothing about how reddit works, and where to find code, and once I have the right code, where and how to implement it.
I just want an easy answer that will allow me to use my GameCube controller with my Dolphin emulator in Retroarch. Instead, I keep getting that message, “MAYFLASH GameCube controller not configured.” But it won’t allow me to configure it! So frustrating. Please help.

1 Like

I opened a GitHub issue

Anyone having problems with the Mayflash adapter should post the details on the GitHub issue I opened to help get this fixed. It is easy to sign up for a GitHub account if you don’t have one.

1 Like

Did anyone else try the Lakka Mayflash special build? It appears to working now for the PC.

Please post log files in the Github link so this fix can be committed to the stable build.

1 Like

what about mayflash adapters for dreamcast controllers? is it also supported ? there’s no information about this anywhere