MEDNAFEN PSX HW and overlays error with VULKAN

I have setup MEDNAFEN PSX HW core to use VULKAN. I have defined two overlays so i can switch between them with a keyboard shortcut.

When the core loads the first overlay is displayed correctly as it should, but when i press the shortcut to change to the second layout it doesn’t display at all (and the first overlay disappears).

If i set the driver to use GL the overlays work and change fine. I suspect it is a problem with the VULKAN driver.

I have an AMD RX470 with latest drivers. Any ideas?

You’re correct, that’s a bug with the vulkan driver. I’ve encountered it, as well. I haven’t opened an issue for it, though.

I guess it is a good idea to open an issue so it may be fixed. Do you know where i can report the bug?

Yeah, it’s a RetroArch issue, so it belongs at https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch

Put [Vulkan] in the issue title.

Bug reported… Let’s see if it will be fixed since it happens for a long time now.

1 Like

Just got a notification from Github that the bug is fixed.

Should be, yeah. I haven’t had a chance to verify, though, so if you get around to it, let us know :slight_smile:

I can confirm that with the latest nightly build of Retroarch (2018-10-19) & the latest PSX cores the problem is finally fixed!

:+1:

1 Like