Mess177 Core

I used to have the mess177 core for RA and it ran GX4000 games fine. At some point I accidentally deleted it and now I cannot get these games to play anymore. Does anyone know how to get this system running without stand alone mame or have access to this older core?

Thanks!

1 Like

MESS was merged into MAME, so you can run any MESS stuff in the up-to-date MAME core (i.e., the one without any numbers after it).

When happened the merge between mame and mess core?

It’s been quite a while now. Looks like v0.162 according to the internets.

1 Like

I just deleted the working core by accident.

The “MAME 2016” core is based on the 0.179 codebase and has MESS built in. That’s so close to 0.177 that I would assume the vast majority of romsets would be compatible.

RA just crashes every time.

I have a 184 or older romset and hash file with the latest core. Literally just got it working on my phone.

Games go Anywhere/gx4000/

In retroarch “system” folder you need

/Retroarch/system/mame/hash/gx4000.xml

From your mame emulator directory

Thats all thats needed

1 Like

I had this working before just fine with no hash file. In fact, all of my MAME systems don’t use a hash file and run just fine. I had a problem getting it working before and it was most certainly a core issue. I would be willing to give it a try however if you sent me your hash file.

try following this: Game.Com in Retroarch should help you along

Ironically enough, I have Game.com running fine without a hash file and like all of my other MAME systems. I followed exactly what I did with the other systems and it just won’t boot. It almost seems like a bios issue because it just crashes but GX4000 doesn’t have a bios.

1 Like

I got this working with the normal MAME core now.