Need help with multi disc feature (Beetle PSX)

Im trying to finish Metal Gear Soild 1 on Beetle PSX and Im stuck, I have tried almost everything. I ejected tray, resumed game, and tried the append to boot CD2 and it just resets the emulator.

Whenever I tried to create m3u files it didnt work, the tray still only has 1/1 CD avail to swap. Im getting kinda desperate I dont know if Im just going to watch the end on youtube or keep troubleshooting.

1 Like

Make sure your files are like in the picture

And load the m3u file to play. Thats all for MGS, i tested many multi cd games with no problem at all.

I dont get it, Im supposed to load the text file via the ‘Load Content’ option of RA? The .cue files show up but not the text file.

I already had a similar folder setup but I dont know what to do next.

you are not loading a text(.TXT) file… you are going to load an m3u (.m3u) file… rename that text file.

But the .m3u file is created by renaming a text file right? Either way it doesnt appear in the load options.

My files are exactly as in the picture minus the ‘(USA)’ because it wasnt originally in the file name I didnt add it.

your filename is probably now <name_of_file>.m3u.txt, hence it still does not appear. filename only be a .m3u extension.

So what can I do? How do I create a proper .m3u file? I renamed the text file with .m3u but its still a .txt file.

Follow this tutorial. https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/

With this, you can rename the txt extension to m3u. And yes, the m3u file is simply as a renamed txt file.

Alright thanks, so now I effectively converted the file to .m3u and managed to load it with RA and am able to have 2/2 discs . But my save files wont appear :frowning:

Yes. The name of the savefile changed from the name of the CD loaded to the name of the m3u file. Just change the name.

I just did and it still wont detect Edit: Nevermind! IT WORKS!!! Thanks a lot man, I can now resume my MGS marathon!

Hi, I am also having a similar problem, was playing ff7 disc 1 and finished it, added disc 2 (found out all about the whole m3u file and what needed to be done in order to play disc 2) now when I load the m3u file, RA instantly crashes…any help you be greatly appreciated

I have a similar issue, I have just finished disc 1 of FF7 and so I added disc 2 to my folder, then created the m3u file, when I select this m3u file to load RA just shutsdown and does not come back. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I imagine I will need to provide more info but I don’t know where to start as I am the noobest of noobs (I have surprised myself just being able to play the first disc) th Anks