NEW3DS cannot load any game in MAME 2003 Plus core

In RetroArch 1.7.3, I can use MAME 2003 core to play games, but cannot load any game in MAME 2003 Plus core. In RetroArch 1.7.6 and 1.7.7, I cannot load any game in both MAME 2003 and MAME 2003 Plus cores. Other cores such as FBA and MAME 2000 work fine. In PSV RetroArch 1.7.7, both MAME 2003 and MAME 2003 Plus cores work fine.

Same issue here, it’s not a problem with my roms either as they work on the Android and PC version fine. Something is broken with the Mame 2003 and Mame 2003 + cores for the 3DS.

I have the exact same problem, I couldn’t get mame in any form to work on my new 3ds back when I first tried it a few years ago, I recently bought a vita and it’s been great with Mame 2003+ for the Simpsons, tmnt, xmen, even ki1 runs on the vita(just really slow). So i thought I’d update my new 3ds retroarch since it is more powerful than a vita. But with the same roms I just can’t get them to run in the new 3ds, i just get a fast scrolling error text. Tmnt will load on mame 2000 on new 3ds, but being more powerful than a vita I’m excited to see what the new 3ds can do.

Any advice?

I’m guessing this was fixed recently, as I just installed Retroarch on my homebrew “new” 2DS XL yesterday and MAME2003+ works fine for me. Build is 1.9.0